Vascular - Albany Surgery - Albany Medical Center
Category(s): Allied Health
Department: Vascular – Albany Surgery
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Requirements: EDUCATION: HIGH SCHOOL OR EQUIVALENT + 1. EXPERIENCE: 5 – 7 YRS. LICENSED REGISTERED VASCULAR TECHNOLOGIST (RVT). GRADUATE OF AN ACCREDITED VASCULAR SONOGRAPHY PROGRAM.
Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) – Full Time
Vascular Surgery Office – Albany, NY
Work schedule: Monday – Friday
Imagine how good it would feel to provide state-of-the-art care to people who really need it.
We are seeking a Registered Vascular Technologist to join our outpatient Vascular Surgery team located in Albany, NY!
The RVT is proficient in all noninvasive diagnostic testing to detect vascular disease and reports findings of exams to medical staff. Must perform clinical assessment of patients and provide basic patient care while testing is being performed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Independently conducts all vascular testing including but not limited to reflux studies, visceral examinations, pulse volume recordings (PVR), deep venous thrombosis (DVT) studies, carotids, bypass grafts, aortic ultrasounds, vein mappings, and dialysis access scans
- Performs patient assessment of signs and symptoms including documentation of patient’s medical and surgical history and presenting symptoms
- Performs vascular testing at various on-site locations (vascular clinic/lab, nursing units, ER, OR, etc.) and responsible for the transportation, loading and unloading of equipment (ultrasound, PVR, etc.) to and from the various locations from the vascular laboratory vehicle
- Responsible for accurate and reproducible data collection, ensuring that laboratory policies and protocols are followed
- Reports findings of diagnostic tests, in a timely manner, to physicians, hospital staff and others
- Completes necessary documentation of tests including reports for hospital and laboratory records, billing forms, and laboratory logs
- Responsible for appropriate care of PVR and imaging equipment; clean equipment (cuffs, probes, etc.) after use and keep lab equipment clean and restock supplies when necessary; inform Chief Technologist or Lab Director of any equipment malfunction
- Proactive approach to obtain necessary CME’s to maintain individual credentials
- Assists with general clerical duties of the laboratory including filing, copying and scheduling appointments, as needed
- Assists with the transportation and safety of patients to and from vascular lab when necessary
- Available for backup coverage on occasional weekends, holidays and on-call to cover inpatients
- Associate’s degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography is required, Vascular Technology is desired
- Certification as a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) is required
- ARDMS registered
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years of experience in a vascular laboratory is desired, we will consider new grads
- Effectively communicate on a wide range of issues with patients, staff and visitors
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability; must be respectful of workforce diversity
- Coordinate resources with patient demands; set priorities for work assigned and achieve desired results
- Collect and analyze ultrasound data and report findings, plethysmographic data and report findings
Albany Med’s Vascular Surgery has one of the most highly regarded vascular teams and is the largest provider in the northeast. The team is visited regularly by colleagues worldwide and has pioneered numerous procedures that are now standard in the field.
Our team is comprised of physicians who are experts in both traditional open surgery and minimally invasive techniques for managing a wide range of vascular conditions. In fact, we are a national leader in the number of surgical and endovascular procedures performed.
Albany Med is the premier health care system in Northeastern New York. It is the region’s only academic health sciences center, comprised of Albany Medical Center Hospital, Albany Medical College, the Albany Med Physician’s Group, and affiliate hospitals Saratoga Hospital and Columbia Memorial Health.
Anchored in the beautiful and historic City of Albany, New York, Albany Med is the regional safety net hospital. It is the region’s only Level I trauma center for more than three million people in 25 counties and is home to the region’s only level IV neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), and the region’s only pediatric emergency department and children’s hospital. Albany Med employs the largest group of world-class specialists and subspecialists in northeastern New York.
Albany Med’s mission is to provide unparalleled adult and pediatric patient care, high-quality medical education, and biomedical research that results in medical innovations.
Albany Med offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes:
- Excellent benefits including health/dental/vision
- Employer-funded pension plan
- Paid Leave
Albany Med is the premier health care system in Northeastern New York. It is the region's only academic health sciences center, comprised of Albany Medical Center Hospital, Albany Medical College, the Albany Med Physician's Group, and affiliate hospitals Saratoga Hospital and Columbia Memorial Health.
Anchored in the beautiful and historic City of Albany, New York, Albany Med offers a wide range of specialty care which provides unique opportunities to gain invaluable experience. It is the region's only Level I trauma center for more than three million people in 25 counties and is home to the region's only level IV neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), and the region's only pediatric emergency department and children's hospital. Albany Med employs the largest group of world-class specialists and subspecialists in northeastern New York.
Albany Med's mission is to provide unparalleled adult and pediatric patient care, high-quality medical education, and biomedical research that results in medical innovations.
Thank you for your interest in Albany Med!
Please be aware for the safety and security of our colleagues and patients all new employees are required to successfully complete all applicable federal,
State and institutionally mandated pre-employment screening requirements including:
- Relevant Background Check(s)
- Drug Screen
- PPD / Tuberculosis Test
- Reference Check
- Applicable vaccinations
Albany Med is an equal opportunity employer.
This role may require access to information considered sensitive to Albany Med, its patients, affiliates, and partners, including but not limited to HIPAA Protected Health Information and other information regulated by Federal and New York State statutes. Workforce members are expected to ensure that:
Access to information is based on a "need to know" and is the minimum necessary to properly perform assigned duties. Use or disclosure shall not exceed the minimum amount of information needed to accomplish an intended purpose. Reasonable efforts, consistent with Albany Med policies and standards, shall be made to ensure that information is adequately protected from unauthorized access and modification.